I love recipe contests because they push me to get a little bit creative in the kitchen – something that does NOT come naturally – so I couldn’t help but get involved with some recipe creation of my own using at least three of the awesome WILD HARVEST products from the box of deliciousness that arrived for my ingredient choosing pleasure. I decided to go go ingredient crazy and choose five WILD HARVEST products for my recipe creation.
Let’s make trail mix pancakes with peanut butter maple sauce! A total #FTWBreakfast, I promise.
Trail Mix Pancakes
makes 8 medium pancakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon WILD HARVEST organic ground ginger
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup WILD HARVEST organic apple sauce
- 1/2 cup WILD HARVEST natural cherry vanilla granola
- 1/6 cup WILD HARVEST organic California raisins
- 1/6 cup cashew pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and WILD HARVEST organic ground ginger.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, melted margarine, and WILD HARVEST organic apple sauce.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir slightly until mixed.
- Bring griddle or fry pan to medium heat, after spraying it with cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop an overflowth cup of pancake batter onto the heated pan. Allow to cook about 2 minutes, until the batter just starts to bubble, then flip to cook through completely.
- Best served warm, fresh off the stove top. You can also keep warm in an 150 degree heated oven until serving.
Peanut Butter Maple Sauce
makes about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup WILD HARVEST organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons apple sauce
- Combine ingredients in small sauce pan on stove, while bringing heat to medium.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve warm or refrigerate to cool for an apple butter type consistency.
P.S. SUPERVALU INC. provided me, along with all the other HLS attendees, with the opportunity to enjoy these products and enter this contest free of charge. Thanks, yo!
P.P.S. I’ve been loving this trail mix that inspired these pancakes: it all started with a bowl of granola, raisins and cashews while reading blogs one afternoon. WILD HARVEST natural cherry vanilla granola, WILD HARVEST organic California raisins, and unsalted cashews. Try it as a snack mix, try it mixed in yogurt, try it in these pancakes – just try it. It’s a crazy delicious blend of flavors and textures!