The year was 2011, and in celebration of my golden birthday, and therefore my golden year, I decided to go big with my goal setting, making a list of 28 lists I hope to complete before my 29th year.
Throughout my 28th year, I worked towards these goals.
Sometimes diligently; sometimes rarely.
I tracked my progress here on Then Heather Said and shared my reflections along the way.
start date: April 28, 2011
completion date: April 27, 2012
- Read 28 books.
- Make 28 new recipes from the cookbooks I own [There are many I’ve yet to cook from!]
- Make 28 new recipes from blogs
- Write 28 guest posts
- Write 28 poems [File this under: stepping outside of my comfort zone]
- Watch 28 movies I’ve not seen before
- Post 28 original recipes on THS
- Send Baby A 28 letters
- Taste 28 new wines
- Order 28 drinks I’ve not had before [I don’t want to get in a drink ordering rut! I want to try new things this year!]
- Give 28 items I own away to people who would enjoy and appreciate them. [de-cluttering my life one hand-me-down at a time!]
- Lose 28 Kilos [12.7 lbs]
**UPDATE: a reader informed me that I am ridiculous with conversions and 28 kilos ACTUALLY equals about 61 pounds. oops…..
let’s go with: Lose 28 half pounds….14 pounds 🙂
- Finish 28 Projects I start. [My craft room is overflowing with projects I started one day and never took the time to complete.]
- Send 28 TIMELY Birthday Cards [note: TIMELY]
- Write 28 Sounding Board Pieces [the sounding board is a group of friends that read my non-blog writing and give me advice along the way.]
- Share 28 dishes/batches/containers of food with people I love
- Learn 28 new yoga poses. [I am only confident in a handful of poses but I’d love to learn more this year!]
- Post 28 Operation Beautiful notes
- Submit 28 Little Things photos and notes.
- Keep 28 blogs or less in my Google Reader. [In an effort to not have reader guilt, I’ve cleared my list of daily reads to 28 blogs. If I find a new blog I want to add to my daily reads, I will remove one of the current blogs on the list.]
- Run a 5K in 28 minutes or less.
- Eat 28 different pizza topping combinations
- Donate 28 items to those in need.
- De-friend 28 people on Facebook. [The de-cluttering continues on the internet!]
- Download 28 new songs. [as most of my music is via 2001]
- Visit 28 locations I’ve yet to see in CDNY
- Listen to episodes from 28 podcasts I’ve not yet tried
- Print 28 photos to display in my apartment