Nervous About A Big Day Tomorrow?
- Spend 5 minutes prepping tonight what you usually spend time doing in the morning. If you make your lunch before work every day, try making it ahead of time and keeping it ready in the fridge overnight. Lay out your clothes, pack a bag, or get the coffee pot ready to brew when you press “start!” upon wake up. Future you will thank you for the time you take today!
- Plan something to look forward to for after your big event. Ice cream date with your BFF, a movie you’ve been wanting to see, a trip to the beach chair for some leisurely reading. Having something to look forward to AFTER I’m done with my important responsibilities for the day always seems to keep my anxiousness and stress at bay.
When Was the Last Time You…
- Tossed out expired products; from the fridge, pantry, cabinet, freezer, or body product stash?
- Replaced the air filters in your home? Give yourself the gift of less-dust!
Produce I’m Choosing Because of the Potassium Content…Beyond Bananas
Recipes I’m Loving to Use These Potassium Rich Ingredients
- Sweet Potato Avocado Salad from Ari’s Menu
- Balsamic Caramelized Onion and Cherry Tomato Grain-Free Tart from Nourishing Flourishing
How I’m Hydrating These Days
- Water with lime slices. It just makes it feel so much fancier, ya know?
- I’ve been drinking so much water lately that I now fill two water bottles at a time, one 16 ounce with a straw, and one 32 ounce that I use to refill the straw-filled one when empty.
How-to #make1healthydecision NOW:
- Decide on a bed time for tonight. If needed, set a “get ready for bed” alarm on your phone to remind you of the healthy intention you set for yourself.
- BONUS points: Can you unplug for 30 minutes before bed? Make it happen!
Apps I’ve Been Digging on My Healthy Living Journey
- Nudge. Nudge is great because you can connect your other health tracking apps, like fitbit, runkeeper, and the like, to get one health score overall. I love competing against myself to watch the score rise [I started at 19 when I first logged in!] and the colors turn from red to yellow to green!
- RunKeeper. I just started experimenting with this app after hearing several people raving about it and being reminded of the raving via IG a couple of weeks ago. I like that the app speaks your pace audibly as often as you set it, so you don’t have to look at the app constantly.
Recent Podcast Subscriptions
both from Nerdist Industries, naturally