Songs I’m Loving on My “Run Faster” Playlist
- Jumpin Jumpin – Glee Cast. When last week’s episode, Trio, opened with this high school memory favorite I knew I would be downloading it in an instant. So fun and perfect to run happy to!
- Invisible (RED) Edit – U2 – After seeing U2 perform this song on The Tonight Show, I knew I wanted to make it one of my spring running anthems.
Major To-Do List Tasks I Completed This Weekend
- Moving data from my laptop to digital storage and/or my desktop. My work-station computer has been set up and in-use since the end of December, and this weekend I FINALLY took the time to clean off the old laptop. [I hope this means it will be working in tip top shape when I’m at Julie’s this weekend.] I uninstalled unused programs, removed so many gigs of music it’s slightly embarrassing, updated my iTunes library accordingly and moved several years of files to my desktop PC.
- As I moved my photo history off of the laptop, I took the opportunity to start a major reorganization and clean-up of all the photos in my library. I have so many images that could be deleted without any care [it seems I take at least 7 of every product I recommend or review and then never get rid of the duds; ugh.] and better organizing the way I file and store my digital images could definitely make my life easier down the road.
Packaged Snacks I’m Loving Lately
In the past several months, I’ve received a bunch of freebies of new snack-worthy products to sample. I am not being compensated to say these words, but I was given the samples for free to taste and give my feedback. These are two of my favorite snacks I’ve tried this year;
- eatragteous snacks. These snacks are a super fun potato chip alternative that I can’t get enough of lately. They are baked, not fried, and I love the almost-pasta-like shape. I really enjoyed both the mac n’ cheese and smokey bbq flavors and have been eating these along side sandwiches at lunch, crunched up atop soup, and at night when watching TV and I’m feeling the need to munch. I was sad to see that at this time there are no locations near me selling these tasty little chips according to their store locator, but am happy to see I can buy some online until my grocer starts carrying them. [I did leave a note with my local market to look into carrying them – did you know you could do this if you want your stores to carry certain brands/products? Most info desks or grocer websites even have a form you can fill out with your suggestions.]
- Oloves. Not only are olives one of my favorite foods [I have very vivid memories of stealing the jar of olives out of the fridge as a young child and sitting under the kitchen table attempting to get them out of the jar and eat them all!] but they are also one of Benson’s, our cat, favorite people foods.It’s as if Oloves were made specifically for our household. The individual snack packs of flavored olives are delicious and the perfect serving size for a snack or salad topping. (And for not overeating an entire jar of olives because in my opinion, with olives, once you pop you can’t stop….) Benson loves when I grab a pack of Oloves to munch on from the pantry, because he knows he’ll get an olive or two, as well. He literally follows me around the apartment if I have a package of Oloves in my hand.
Oloves are vegan and gluten free, and naturally low in saturated fat. According to the website, you can find Oloves at BJ’s Warehouse, HEB [my lucky Texas friends!], World Cost Plus Markets, and Duane Reade, so be on the lookout to give these a try!
Shortcut Ways I’m Getting Freggies In My Body
- Drinking 8 ounces of low-sodium V8 every morning. That’s two servings of vegetables before I leave the house and am faced with any donuts or cheese topped bagels at the office. I can feel good about that decision, which leads to my making other decisions that make me feel good throughout the day.
- Dipping them in good things. Carrot sticks in peanut butter. Pepper sticks in hummus. Celery in guacamole. Apples in caramel sauce.
Work Day Habits I’ve Adopted and Am Attempting to Keep this Week
- Taking a short walk during my lunch break, at least a few times a week. I’d love to make this a daily habit, but some days are still too cold and blustery for me to want to be out in the wind for any additional minutes than absolutely necessary. Even still, last week I took a walk three days and I plan to keep up the habit as often as possible as spring slowly rolls into town.
- Have 2-3 small pieces of really tasty chocolate in the afternoon. I’m enjoying the sweet treat and have found a few favorite candies to keep in my office tins. My number one favorite are the dark chocolate with sea salted caramel Dove promises, which should shock no one as a chocolate with a bit of inspiration in the wrapper would obviously be my favorite.
Television Programming I’m Watching a lot of These Days
- House of Cards. I’m just a few episodes away from the end of season two. I started this after 100 people told me I had to, when I was sick in bed one weekend and have been watching 2-3 episodes a week ever since getting invested. I like watching it on my iPad with my earbuds in while I’m lounging on the bed for some reason? Maybe because it’s all dark and often creepy and it feels so much better understood in my cavern of blankets and pillows and be compacted into comfort.
- MythBusters. This is one of our favorites to fall asleep to and has been for awhile, but I’ve been staying awake through the end of the episodes so much more often as of late and really enjoying all the busting and proving of myths. [I used to fall asleep within 5 minutes of laying down, now I’m able to actually relax horizontally and enjoy entertainment without feeling the need to power sleep. I think this comes from my conscious effort to rest more and work less and my getting a consistent amount of sleep for weeks on end. My body has learned that I will treat it right and can trust me to simply be still and awake at the same time.]
Awesome Dishes Made this Weekend in the THS Kitchen
- Broccoli and Chicken Alfredo Pizza. When I was running errands on Saturday morning and saw both fresh broccoli and bakery-made pizza dough were on mega-sale at the local market, I had a light bulb moment remembering we had leftover Trader Joe’s alfredo jar sauce in the fridge left over from a recent pasta night.
- Stuffed Pork Roast. It’s rare that I make a serious “sit down and you could easily pretend it’s 1950” dinner at our place. I’ve never preferred those kind of meals and have always been a sandwich or one-dish type of girl. I’ve noticed that every time I do make any kind of dish that seems like it could be served at Mom’s Diner, Nick loves the meal. I couldn’t turn down the sale on the market prepared roast, filled with fresh spinach and store made stuffing and decided to make a stereotypical “Sunday night dinner” of roast with soup [tomato and roasted red pepper], rice, and vegetables. It felt special just in the fact that it was unordinary in our kitchen and a delicious treat.
Awesome Recipes from the Internet I Plan on Making Very Soon
Recently, my friend Katie gave me the idea to host a Twosdays link-up!! Several blogger friends around the web are already writing their own Twosday post each week, and we would love if you would join us, too! If you write a Twosday post on your site, link it up each week!