New to TV Dramas I’m Already Loving
- Red Band Society. I didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I am already. Of course, I am a fan of Dave Annable, so his presence is surely helping. If this show sticks around for several seasons, it will likely be my “teary and smiley at the same time” weekly hour of television tradition – especially with this being Parenthood’s last season.
- How to Get Away with Murder. Yep. I’m a fan of all things Shonda, apparently.
Television Shows Watched at Alicia’s this Weekend
- The League. This has been recommended to me dozens of times and now I know why. I am familiar with just about every face spotted in the 7 episodes consumed on Alicia’s couch – totally lovable and endlessly laughable. I’ll be binging this the next time I’m in bed sick, for sure.
- Criminal Minds. At 6:45 in the morning, on my phone with ear buds, while I was getting ready for the race, trying not to wake anyone up. Little did I know Alicia had been downstairs watching my recommendation, Steven Fry in America. [<< which you can apparently watch on YouTube.]
I am honored to be a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received product or coupons for writing this post, but all opinions are my own.
Favorite Flavor Combinations When Creating Stoneyfield Petite Creme Yogurt Bowl Breakfasts
- The above pictured Vive La Vanilla mixed with Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves and sliced whole natural almonds. The richness of the cherries was a perfect blend to a classic, silky vanilla.
- Belle Blueberry [this was also my favorite flavor!] with shredded unsweetened flaked coconut, plain granola, and crushed walnuts. I love how smooth these petite cremes are, and the fact that they are less tart than Greek yogurt, but still pack a protein punch gets a huge A+ from me!
Local Grocery Markets the Stoneyfield Petite Creme Yogurts Have Been Spotted
- Glenville Hannaford! Our favorite local spot for frozen pizza and cat food purchases, so you know I’ll be loading up on my trio of favorites: Vive la Vanilla, Belle Blueberry, and Mon Cherry Amour. Aren’t the names adorable?
- Niskayuna ShopRite, according to my co-worker who was happy to report he found them the weekend after I gushed about them at the office.
Three Course Meals of “WOAH!” Deliciousness Enjoyed in Schenectady Recently
- Lunch at Mexican Radio with my boss, to celebrate the completion of a MAJOR project at the office. We started by splitting small plate appetizers – Mexican Spring Rolls and Radio Nachos. I loved that most of the appetizers are available in half portions – splitting one spring roll and a tiny plate of nachos between the two of us was the perfect snack before our meal arrived without filling us too much that we wouldn’t have been able to eat our lunch plates and later enjoy splitting an order of fried ice cream, too.
Speaking of plates – my Triple Enchiladas Mole was AMAZING. You can create any combination you’d like for each of the enchiladas, choosing from sixteen fillings [including vegetarian and vegan options] and six sauces. I went with spicy ground beef with salsa verde, spicy shredded chicken with a Raspberry-Chipotle Mole, and pulled pork with the House Mole and each choice included perfectly seasoned meat and flavorful sauces. I can’t wait to go try more combinations, soon! [I’m looking at you mushroom mix!]
The margaritas are also known for being 100% chemical free, using fresh juices in place of the ‘rita mix you find at many other locations in town. I’m thinking girls night dinners need to happen here, STAT.
- Another work meal, dinner at Johnny’s. I’ve been here a handful of times and always enjoyed the experience but this time they knocked it out of the park!
Appetizers were the special of the day Caprese salad with oh-so-fresh Mozzarella and the Italian Antipasto Plate [a favorite we enjoy each visit to this place!] Skipping ahead to dessert, we also took part of the special of the day with a Pistachio Gelato Cake [WOAH!] and Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spiced Gelato and Almond Brittle.
The star of the show was my dinner choice – the Chicken Scarpariello. This is BY FAR the best dish I’ve had at Johnny’s and I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to order a different dish from the menu again. The boneless chicken medallions are sautéed with sweet Italian sausage, onions, spicy cherry peppers, potatoes, and garlic in a white wine and lemon sauce. I was so thrilled the portions were huge so that I could have leftovers for lunch the next day. OUT OF THIS WORLD.
Other Schenectady Establishments on My CDNY Bucket List
- Union Cafe. It’s been recommended to me when I was on a hunt for delicious Greek food. It’s only open from breakfast and lunch, so I’m thinking my next PTO day may call for a lunch date for a gyro platter!
- Tara Kitchen. I’ve never had Moroccan before, and I’d love to a take a trip here with a few friends to order several dishes to share. Who is in?
Tiny Running Things Making Me Extremely Happy
- Long sleeved running weather is here! Though it may keep disappearing from time-to-time, I’m thrilled to have been starting a few runs lately with sleeves on my arms and easier effort thanks to the cooler temps.
- Finally feeling like I know what kind of fuels work best for me. And which don’t work at all. Thanks #THS13point1 training recaps for helping me track it all along the way!
Recommended Reading for All My Runner Friends