Articles I’ve Loved Reading This Year
- Reaching My Autistic Son Through Disney by Ron Suskind on the NY Times
- The Art of Saying Goodbye from Entertainment Weekly
Binge Watching On My Televisions
- Veronica Mars. I’ve finally surpassed the point in the story in which I had previously seen the episodes, and am in the middle of season two, now. I’d say I’m only paying about 40% attention to this show as I’m watching, but I’m okay with that since I purchased all three of the seasons on eBay after binge watching 20 episodes with Julie one weekend.
- Bones. We finished all of the seasons available on Netflix and are now working through the entire current season available through Hulu+. I can’t believe we’ve caught up on this one!
Naked Flavors Tried & Loved So Much I’ve Since Bought Them Again
The awesome folks at Naked Juice reached out to me after seeing that I had been sharing my love for their smoothies on Instagram, offering to send me coupons to try new-to-me flavors. I’ve found two new favorites for getting the freggie power into my day. As a reminder, even though I received coupons to try new flavors for free, my words are 100% honest, and my opinions completely my own.
- Blue Machine. This is SO yummy! This flavor is going to be added to my normal smoothie treat rotation.
- Tomato Kick. My absolute favorite Naked remains the Berry Veggie, but this sister-product was a welcomed treat because it was SO different than all the other Naked Juice products I’ve tried in the past. I have found my new Bloody Mary mix base, my friends! The bell pepper and lemon flavors mixed with this tomato based juice gives this a flavor blast
Favorite Flavors for When I Want to Pack the Produce Power
- As mentioned above, Berry Veggie is my number one favorite flavor and my most favorite thing about it is how much produce is packed into one bottle. [Full list can be found here: Naked Juice Berry Veggie]
- Green Machine. As sweetly delicious as the Blue Machine, but with bunches of green goodness boosting the tasty smoothie. [Check out the goodness inside here: Naked Juice Green Machine]
Running Workouts from Easter Weekend
- Two easy miles, followed by “speed workout 3.” I recently read a tip from a pro-runner about adding short, fast, speed work to the end of your workouts to help train your legs to run hard while tired. I wrote out a few super quick speed options to tack on to the end of a couple of my runs each week. This one consisted of choosing a pop song and jogging through the verses, sprinting through the chorus, from start to finish.
- 5K RALAPRR. That stands for “run as long as possible, recover, repeat.” I listened to comedy album on my iPod as I ran and knocked about 30 seconds off from the last time I timed a 5K run.
Strength Training Moves I Worked Into the Weekend
- Window Washer Plank. After seeing Katy Widrick share about it through instagram I decided to give this killer move a try. Talk about an ab burner!
- Down Jumps. Amanda gave some great hill training strategies recently, including this move which mimics the impact created from downhill running.
Favorite Features of the Heat Holders
As a reminder, even though I received these for free in exchange for a review, my words are 100% honest, and my opinions completely my own.
- Bright pink! I mean, honestly – how fun! Can’t help but smile when I see the bright color on my toes.
- Seriously warm. The packaging reads “The Warmest Thermal Socks” and I believe it. The winter here was longer than we would all like to remember [it just snowed an inch here last week!] and I’m really happy I had these bad boys to keep my feet warm through all the snowy days and icy nights.I especially put these super soft socks to use in the weeks of inventory prep in which I spent time out in the warehouse counting and tagging for hours at a time. These thick socks fit perfectly under my boots and got lots of use keeping me cozy while the weather stayed chilly for far too long.
Other Bright Pink I’m Loving in My Every Day
- My running shoes are a super fun bright coral color. I usually go for black or slate grey, so this pair screams happiness.
- I’ve been wearing this fuchsia glitter BAMR band during my evening runs the past couple of weeks. Love the pop of color.