Coming to Television this Fall Sitcoms I am Excited to See Soon
- Cristela. I’m a fan of Cristela Alonzo’s comedy so much so that I follow the brilliant woman on Instagram. I’ve been eagerly following along her journey of being picked up and creation over the past months and look forward to watching!
- A to Z. I like projects that chronicle a relationship or event from beginning to end, and this show promises to do just that. I dig the cast, which includes the Mother and my Guardian Angel Fred. [POINTS! for anyone who knows all two three references.]
Coming to Television this Fall Dramas I am Excited to See Soon
- How to Get Away with Murder. I’m a total fool for the new Thursday night with all Shonda Rhimes, as a dear fan of both Greys and Scandal. I’ve been watching the promos with the trio of leading ladies chatting with Shonda on large couches you’ll expect to see in their character’s living rooms later this year. This show is a legal thriller with a law school twist and I can’t wait to see what drama comes to campus.
- Forever. After falling in love with Crossing Jordan during some major binge watching earlier this summer, I’m all about giving another medical examiner character a try. The supporting cast are all folks I’ve come to love in other roles so I’m really hoping this one impresses and stays around for a while.
- Choose Your Own Autobiography – Neil Patrick Harris. Of course NPH shares his life in an exciting, refreshing way.
- Belzhar – Meg Wolitzer. The Interestings was the best book I read in 2013, and I haven’t read anything since to take the title of “favorite recent fiction.” I was so happy to see that another Meg Wolitzer read is launching at the end of September.
Returning this Fall Shows I’m Totally Looking Forward to the Season Premiere
- Parenthood. I’ve missed it. And though this is the last season, I’m oh so ready to spend some emotional time with the family I’d most want to become a part of….other than the Cosbys.
- The Mindy Project. I’m really excited to see how well the writers handle Mindy and Danny actually being together. I love the comedy chemistry between the two!
Realized During the Great Book Clean Out at THS HQ
- I have SO many books that I have no intention of rereading [or for some, ever reading] taking up so much space in my apartment.
- The collection of titles in the “no longer needed” piles tell a very interesting story about my life. I could lay out the books in a timeline of my life, easily.
What I’m Doing with ALL the Books
- Holding a book sale. YEP. Funds are really tight around these parts lately, and selling off some of this collection could really help cover some life-costs.
- Filling the Little Free Library nearby with a small selection of favorite neighborhood friendly reads.
Favorite Items in the Vitality VoxBox
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
- Pure Leaf Sweet Tea. I’ve had the Pure Leaf Not Too Sweet Honey Green Tea before [love!] but this was the first time I had the Sweet Tea variety. Verdict: It tastes like Southeast Texas memories – a delicious afternoon treat. I would definitely try it again, and love that there are currently ten total flavors to try from this brand. I’ll be making some Pure Leaf popsicles with the next bottle I buy!
- Softlips Cube in Vanilla Bean. I’m on the hunt for the Fresh Mint variety! Softlips was a favorite in middle school and high school. I remember collecting the classic thin tubes and applying the product constantly throughout the school day.
Reasons I Totally Dig the Softlips Cube
- I like when my lip products come with a bit of sun protection, and these cubes come with SPF 15.
- It makes my lips feel soft and hydrated, thanks to the Shea Butter added to the formula to restore moisture. I like keeping the cube under my computer monitor and using it a couple of times throughout the work day.