Disclaimer: I received Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds for free as part of Blue Diamonds Tastemakers program. All content and opinions are my own.
On Twosday I mentioned the latest Blue Diamond Almond flavors I’ve been lucky to try. I love the Honey Roasted Chipotle for savory, smoky, snacking. I made a super quick snack mix with these bad boys by adding mini-pretzels and penguin-shaped cheese crackers. Perfect for munching on while Netflixing.
After tasting the Honey Roasted Vanilla almonds, I knew I wanted to use them in the kitchen and decided a revamp of my Trail Mix Pancakes was in order. This recipe doesn’t call for sugar and these almonds add the perfect amount of sweetness to breakfast without going candy-coated-overboard.
I made a double batch of this recipe on Sunday so that we had enough for dinner and several days of leftovers. I brought an extra delicious breakfast to my desk all week long. Reheating in the microwave doesn’t sound fancy, but it sure feels like a step into luxury compared to my normal oatmeal or yogurt with fruit.
Vanilla Coconut Trail Mix Pancakes with Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Vanilla Almonds
makes 8 medium pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Vanilla Almonds, crushed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg, melted butter, and applesauce.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir slightly until mixed.
- Bring griddle or fry pan to medium heat, after spraying it with cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto the heated pan. Allow to cook about 2 minutes, until the batter just starts to bubble, then flip to cook through completely.
- Top with syrup, jam, nut butter, or your other favorite topping to serve.