Last month, the friendly folks at Nasoya contacted me with a generous offer; a chance to try Nasoya TofuPlus, the first and only line of tofu “beefed up” with the nutrients commonly lacking among those actively reducing meat in their diets.
I have cooked with tofu a dozen times or so in the past, and I really like that it’s a protein that easily takes on the flavor of whatever sauce or seasoning you pair with it. This time around, I decided to try a new to me cooking method with the TofuPlus that Nasoya provided for my review when I read about this pan shallow-oil-frying experience on Domestic Superhero. The General Tso’s Tofu recipe sounded like a delicious alternative to take-out, so I was sold.
And then I failed. Maybe it was that I wasn’t paying the closest attention to the frying pan as I prepared the dish, but I totally ruined the tofu. And every attempt at my fixing dinner left me more and more frustrated. Eventually, sadly, into the trash it went. From here on out I’m sticking to my normal methods of tofu cooking, my favorite of which is in the oven using this simple method Caitlin taught me years ago.
Nasoya is a brand I buy and support on the regular. I highly suggest you sign up for their e-newsletter – I get coupons in my inbox often. All Nasoya Tofu is Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified as well as gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian/vegan.
Two of my goals for Spring are to eat more meat-free meals and to spend more time cooking in the kitchen. I recently put together a Pinterest board of tofu recipes to consider adding to my meal planning over the coming weeks. Here are 20 of my favorites I wanted to share with you! (Why keep all the delicious ideas to myself? That’s just rude!)
1. The Perfect Baked Tofu – as mentioned above, this recipe from Healthy Tipping Point is wonderful, and the baking method is my go-to for cooking tofu no matter the sauce or flavoring of the meal.
2. Lemongrass Tofu Noodle Bowls from The Healthy Everythingtarian. With a Sesame Soy Vinagrette this is the kind of light with a punch of flavor meal perfect for a warm sunny day.
3. Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips from Oh She Glows. I’ve never made tofu nuggets or strips, and as a self-proclaimed Queen of Condiments, I’d love to see what they best dip in. And Ang’s recipe is a Weeknight Dinner recipe featuring sweet potato fries – my favorite snacky side dish!
4. Tofu Fritatta from VeggieGirl. Load it up with veggies!
5. Southern Style Biscuits and Gravy from Sinful Nutrition. I’ve been trying to make protein in each meal a priority, and this would be a great weekend tofu breakfast to fill me up and fuel me for the day in a delicious way.
6. Kelly recently wrote about this Pineapple Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry on Brownies and Zucchini, which is on my meal plan for next week. She rated it an A- in the easiness factor, and an A+ in taste, so how can I pass that up? Plus, I’ve been craving pineapple these days, so adding some to dinnertime will be welcomed!
7. Pineapple Cashew Fried Rice from How Sweet Eats. Totally adding tofu to this recipe, as she suggests.
8. Tofu Cauliflower Crock Pot Garam Masala from Treble in the Kitchen. I love using my crock pot when my schedule feels extra busy and I’ve never had garam masala before, but I’ve seen it popping up on lots of blogs lately. Cheers to trying new things!
9. DIY Kindfood Buddha Bowl from Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen. This is another dish that looks so light and refreshing, perfect for a spring day. Love all the beautiful, fresh produce in this recipe!
10. & 11. Come from one of my absolute FAVORITE blogs for recipes these days, The Adventures MJ and Hungryman. If you haven’t started reading this healthy recipe blog from a RD-to-be, I have two Thai tofu suggestions to get you started: Shrimp and Tofu Pad Thai & Thai Chicken Tostada with Spicy Peanut Sauce
12. Grilled Lemon Basil Tofu from Eating Bird Food. Now that the weather is warm and the evenings are getting long, grilling is the only answer.
13. Spring Roll Salad from Zeelemons. This SCREAMS Spring. This salad (like most salads) sounds super easy to master and the flavor combos sound delicious!
14. Buffalo Tofu Wraps from Food.com. Because I’m a fool for buffalo flavored anything, and these wraps seem like perfect eat out on the deck food.
15. Orange Sesame Tofu via Chia Seed Me. The photo of the finished product in this post makes my mouth water upon viewing.
16. Caramelized Tofu from 101 Cookbooks. If caramelized onions are amazing, then this recipe is sure to please, right?
17.Marinated Tofu Burgers from She Knows. Burgers are another out-on-the-deck, warm-weather, long-evening meal, and these seasoned with rosemary and maple syrup seem like the perfect option to give a try.
18. Tofu-Avocado Salad from (never)Homemaker would be a fantastic sandwich spread for a picnic in the park. Dear local friends – let’s make it happen!
19. Cappuccino Cloud Cheesecake from Chocolate Covered Katie. Because tofu in dessert is alright by me!
20. 3 Ingredient Chocolate Butterscotch Pudding from More Than Just Dessert. Because tofu in a SUPER EASY dessert is alright by me, too!
What’s your favorite tofu recipe?