When I’m Sad…
- I’ve found such comfort in the Humans of New York Facebook Page. I always feel better about humanity and life in general after spending a few minutes reading through the photo captions and comments.
- I’ll search for laughter in my favorite comedy favorites – @Midnight on Hulu+ or GDWH on YouTube.
Recent Netflix Additions from PBS We’ve Enjoyed
- Superheroes: A Never-Ending Battle. We’re one episode in this three part series. Such an interesting history is told behind the pages of comic books!
- Making Stuff 2: Nova. This show is so much cooler than what we were expecting. Highly recommended.
Recommended Reading: For Half Marathon Newbies Edition
How-to #make1healthydecision NOW:
- Decide now: can you get 9 servings of fruits and veggies in before the end of the day? Make a quick list of how you can make it happen. Reading this before bed? Make a plan for tomorrow to get 9 freggies in your day.
- Go for a 5 minute walk. Can’t leave right this minute? Set an alarm on your phone for when you CAN and don’t talk yourself out of it. Stretch your legs, give your mind a break, and take in the world around you!
Groceries I Love to Purchase at Target
- Flavored Blue Diamond Almonds. Target seems to have the best selection of flavors and I can often find new-to-me flavors there first.
- Market Pantry Frozen Fruit. I love the prices [and the added discount from the cartwheel ap] and that they carry cherries – a must in my post-run smoothies!
Smoothie Recipes I’ll be Making this Week
- Berry Fruity Green Tea Smoothie – with peaches, blueberries, pineapple, and strawberries. So refreshing in summer with that green tea!
- Coffee Banana Smoothie Packs. Cassie’s blog, Back to Her Roots, is my go-to spot when I’m bulk-cooking and freezer stocking. [I swear by a bunch of her recipes in these posts: Freezer Cooking 101 and Freezer Fill Up ] I love this recent recipe share featuring some favorite flavors – banana and coffee! – and plan to fill the door of our freezer with these super-easy to build packs.
Goals for Decluttering this Summer
- Decrease the number of magazines in the apartment. There are stacks. Everywhere. I am sorting through them, a small stack each week. Sending Envelopes of Random Love [more on how this habit started here: Get Crafty with Magazines], passing on to coworkers, finding someone to donate to [craft club? hospital?], and recycling all that’s left.
- Sort through books. These are also EVERYWHERE in the apartment and I’ve decided that it’s finally time to part with some of these. Time to fill some boxes for selling, donating, and passing along.
Twitter Accounts Worth Your Follow: Words Edition
- Disney Words. We can learn a lot of things from Disney characters, and sometimes they just help us express what we feel.
- Great Mind Quotes. A collection of quotes that will challenge, motivate and inspire you.