Fitness Stuffs to Share
- I’m focusing on two simple goals this week. 1) Plank every day. 2) Go on more walks.
- I officially registered for my first half marathon this weekend. [!!!!!!] I’ll be running the Mohawk Hudson Half Marathon [MHHM] in October and I’m way stoked. I had planned to run this race a couple of times in the past several years, and both times it sold out before I was ready to commit financially. This year I sought out what date registration opened and set an appointment in my calendar so that I wouldn’t miss it.
Let’s Talk About 13.1 a Bit More
- One of the main reasons I decided to sign on for the MHHM is the race date; October 12. This means my half marathon training plan will be taking place during the most intense weeks of Healthy Living Summit [HLS] planning and execution. It is important that I take time away from my computer for myself during my busiest times, and having a run to complete is always a good excuse to peel myself away from the email and dig into a favorite podcast. Also, I always leave HLS, which will take place mid-September, with a renewed running spirit after getting a chance to run with my blends, new and old, during Summit weekend.
- Three of my pals are running the half marathon, too!!! I’m stoked because both Jen and Alicia have had such an impact on my running journey over the past several years. The last race we ran together was the Cohoes Founders Day 15K. Let’s hope for better weather for this half, eh?
Drug Store Beauty Buys I’m Crazy About
- Revlon Parfumerie in Wintermint. So here’s the deal with this stuff. When it dries, your nails have an pleasant scent. I’m not exaggerating when I say it smells like AWESOME and not like nail polish. And the scent… it’s lasting three days after I painted. And I put a top coat on, so this seems like a miracle product, my friends. I bought the Wintermint, which I’m crazy about. It smells like Santa’s house! and the color is fun. I also picked up the Pink Grapefruit. While I love the smell of this one when dried, light and tropical, the polish seems very thin and I will need to layer this on top of a base color in order to actually have this color work on my nails. I’m willing to try another metallic or deep color during my next splurge, though, for sure.
- Essie Good to Go Top Coat. I’ve tried a few different top coats from my local CVS over the past few months, and this one is my favorite. It’s quick drying and leaves a smooth finish to all my glittery polishes. Highly recommend!
Drug Store Little Treat Purchases I’m Crazy Happy About
- Russell Stover makes like a billion different types of filled eggs all of the sudden, but I’m not complaining, because for the first time ever I’ve found a Coconut Almond Chocolate Egg. And I am very, very happy about it.
- Rainbow Striped Duct Tape. Because snail mail deserves a dose of brightness, too!
Books I’m Setting a Goal to Read at Least One Chapter in This Week
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. I stumbled upon this book while browsing Amazon one day, and came close to purchasing based just on the cover and title. I decided to wait it out, but when the next podcast I listened to happened to include an interview with the author, I took it as a sign from the universe to go ahead and make the purchase. Now I just need to make reading it a priority. I’m assigning chapters like I would work tasks, so I know I’ll stay on task over the course of the month. Progress is progress, no matter how slow.
- PUSH. I ordered Chalene Johnson’s book while I was in the midst of her free 30 Day Goal Setting Challenge and I still haven’t opened it. Making it a priority to give it a try.
Podcasts I Recently Subscribed To in iTunes
- Single & Sweaty. I learned about this through the HLB Monday Announcements. (note to blogger friends: if you have something to promote – a giveaway, project, event, or whatever- you should submit an announcement!) Jennifer from Wine to Weightlifting and Alex from Distance Obsessed are the co-hosts and though I’m only through episode one, I’m already a fan. I love the casual conversation and feel at home listening to Jennifer and Alex talk about a range of topics that touch on relatable subjects such as their struggles and enjoyment of their respective fitness loves, Crossfit and distance running.
- The Lively Show. If you follow me on Twitter, you likely know I adore Jess Lively’s blog. She shares great advice and now she has an awesome podcast!!
Favorite Purchases from Designs by Nicolina [did I mention I love following my favorite etsy stores on social media and especially when they have awesome blogs!!! This is one wonderful example of just that!]
- Make 2014 The Best Ever Calendar. I ordered it in grape and it’s hung above my computer in my work space. I’m believing it!
- Carousel of Progress Lyric Print. Did I ever tell you my favorite attraction at Disney World is not the Hall of Presidents? I know. I know! [but honestly, HOP is my second favorite, so settle down.] My actual favorite attraction at WDW is the Carousel of Progress. I’m that girl, and this lyric now hangs to my right in my office as I work.
Other Etsy Stores Whose Prints I’m Coveting
- Laura Amiss. I feel the Chicago print calling to me, especially.
- Posteritty. Especially since I keep asking myself if I’m too old to hand posters on my office wall. I think this may be the adult way to do it.