Accomplished on the Train to/from Julie’s this Weekend
- Writing out some to-do lists.
- Gift picking out on Etsy.
Thanksgiving Videos Worth Your Watching Even Though Turkey Day is Over
- Jimmy, Rashida, and Carrie Sing Parody Holiday Pop Hits a la Arguably Jimmy’s Best Work on SNL. Chances are you’ve already seen this shared from a friend on Facebook or Twitter. I’ve watched it several times and can’t help but smile ALL the way through each and every viewing.
- British Friends Describe Thanksgiving. “First of all, that’s not football. That’s rugby with pads.”
Favorite Dishes from the #SavvyThanksgiving Dinner Spread
- Let’s talk about this dressing. It was a cornbread sausage stuffing of wonders and Julie used a cranberry sage sausage and freshly made corn bread. I plan to work this dish into the meal plan some point this winter.
- Wineberry salad. No wonder this dish is a tradition in Julie’s family! This sweet dish trumps cranberry sauce ANY day.
Fun TV Viewing During #Savvy Thanksgiving
- We may or may not have had a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Netflix marathon after a dinner discussion of what actually happened during the show. The day AFTER Thanksgiving, we may or may not have starting watching the show again, this time with a few drinking game rules written out.
- Thanksgiving episodes of our two favorite shows: Friends and The West Wing. Totally perfection.
Julie and I Rocked the Productivity
- Cooking for several hours on Wednesday and several hours on Thursday. Julie did most of the work, but I was more than happy to pitch in my fair share, too. It was a lot of fun spending time in the kitchen with Julie, and I took the opportunity to ask her as many questions as possible as we were working to brush up on some of my kitchen skills.
- Friday we had an uber-productive work day, getting lots of tasks checked off the Healthy Living Summit 2014 to-do list. We are both so excited about some exciting announcements we have coming soon. If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for the #HLS14 e-newsletter to not miss out on any of the news as we release it. Please sign up for our e-newsletter list here: #HLS14 Newsletter.
Delicious Adult Beverages Enjoyed at Julie’s
- Apple cider, amaretto, and Apple Jack. This was amazing and I want to have it again, ASAP.
- Pear Cider, which I’m quite certain came from a local winery or brewery.
Fancy Warm Beverages Enjoyed in Ithaca
- On Thanksgiving morning, as we started cooking, Julie made a Rosy Cheek inspired spiked hot chocolate. And holy cow, was it amazing.
- Because we love working together waaaaaaay too much, Julie and I spent the morning before my departure working on some planning together. In an effort to caffeinate and use some generous gift cards we recently received, we took a walk to Starbucks for breakfast and notebook planning. I ordered a soy caramel brulee latte and it was awesome.
Apps I’m Loving for Tracking Stuff Lately
- Water Your Body. I’ve noticed my hydrating habit has been slipping lately and I love this app for reminding me to drink and track what I’m drinking. I’m betting I’ll be downing lots of hot tea in the coming weeks, and I love that this app allows you to set a bunch of different value amounts for easy adding. I’ve set all my usual drinking containers up in the app – my Ninja tumbler, my Camelback filtered bottle, my Abraham Lincoln glass, and a big tea mug, and a small tea mug.
- Clockwork Tomato. I’ve been loving working to the Pomodoro Method when feeling especially overwhelmed by my to-do list. I usually run this at the same time as a Songza playlist from my favorites list and can barrel through and get a bunch of work done. I’m finding it very helpful.