Weekend Worthy Breakfast Recipes to Make ASAP
- Summer Vegetable Breakfast Tacos with Soft Scrambled Eggs from Healthy Delicious. These look SO delicious and I can’t think of a better way to start a Saturday than a plate full of #FreggiePower tacos and a tall Bloody Mary.
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Roses from Sinful Nutrition. This recipe is pure brilliance and a terrific, simple way to show off for overnight guests or to add some EXTRA! to the brunch table. The recipe is easy as can be in terms of preparation, but the visuals are A+ impressive.
Summer Dinner Must-Make Recipes
- BLT Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Ranch from How Sweet It Is. I’m obsessed with the idea of highlighting garden tomato freshness when they get ripe and ready for picking, and this mouthwatering recipe seems like a no brainer to getting that job done. For me, summertime dinners are light but delicious and this recipe delivers on both.
- BBQ Cubano Sliders from Dash of Evans. Our lack of central air at THS HQ means the last thing I want to do on a hot summer day is turn on the oven in order to make dinner. The second to last thing I want to do is spend lots of time in front of the stove. I rely heavily on easy, quick meals that heat-up fast. We’re big on quesadillas, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and hot dogs or bratwursts in the summer months. This recipe is an upgrade from our standard grilled sandwich, using a precooked pork and making ‘em mini with the ever adorable slider-style. I love pulled pork, so this recipe is totally screaming my name.
Candy Store Inspired “Must Make ASAP” Recipes
- Salted Chocolate and Caramel Pretzel Bars from Tastes Better from Scratch.
These bars are SO EASY and totally hit that sweet and salty balance right in the bull’s-eye. I’m thinking we’ve got to add some chopped pecans or peanuts to add another flavor layers to mix, too.
- Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices from Mom Loves Baking
These are super fun! Fuji apples slices covered in chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with nuts. A serving size version of the summer candy store classic candy apple!
Healthy Lunches to Food Prep for Delicious Weekday #LunchAtMyDesk Meals
- Hawaiian Meatball Bowls from Kim’s Cravings. I love that this recipe uses precooked meatballs – an ultimate “keep it simple in the kitchen” shortcut step I’ve been known to rely on. Our local grocery market sells their own butcher mixed and then deli cooked meatballs which are my favorite way to go when it comes to convenience, but I’ve been known to stock bags of the frozen meatballs, too. Either would be fantastic in this lunch dish.
- Healthy Homemade Hot Pockets from Holley Grainger. Totally customizable and one of those meals that feels indulgent, but can be filled with nutrition-rich, flavor-packed ingredients. Also love that these are freezer friendly! I want to make a double batch and keep some on hand in the office freezer for weeks I slack on the meal planning.
Recent Discoveries Found #OnMyWalk
- The Village of Scotia has done a great job over the past several years, keeping beautifully and brightly filled giant flower pots spread along Mohawk Ave, adding to the quaint “main street USA” feel of this community I love so much. Recently on a run I spotted what I thought were common kitchen garden herbs in one of pots and during a photo walk with Nick last week we swung by the spot to check it and give it a closer look.
Is the Village behind this veggie and herb pot on the corner of Mohawk and 50 in front of Turf Tavern, or are the owners of the restaurant and catering company behind the edible greenery? Have these garden goods been claimed by someone or will they go to waste as other neighbors question the purpose? Can I make a strategic detour on my walk home from work on pasta night for fresh basil or a ruby red tomato?
- A nice sized, fenced-in, rules posted, Scotia Dog Park, including water access in the utility shed and several park benches, near the historic Flint House and Scotia community gardens. Did I mention I love this village?
Recommended Reading: On Reasons Why I Think We Should All Walk MORE
- The Benefits of Walking – Twins in Trainers.
- The Many Benefits of Walking 30 Minutes a Day – The Washington Post
Does anyone else want to start a 30 minutes a day virtual accountability group? Let me know! I’m down for sharing support – I always do better with my desire to choose healthy habits with a defined challenge and accountability partners.
#DefineMyStyle Challenge Sharing
- Recently I’ve been in a bit of a style rut. I find myself wearing the same outfits to work, week after week, on rotation. When I’m at home or weekending I’m mostly in workout/comfy gear; I often multitask errands before, after, or during my outdoor fitness actives [walking my errands is my jam!] which makes cozy clothes a no brainer for this lazy lady.
How would I characterize my style both during the work week and at home on the weekends? Easy, lazy, and bored? I’m not sure, exactly, which leads me on this self-defined quest to #DefineMyStyle.
Maybe it’s a subconscious influence of Project Runway season 14 [hooray Ashley!] which has been playing in the background while I complete weekend chores, schedule social media, and put together jigsaw puzzles over the past few weekends…or maybe it’s my recent realization of my closet full of skirts and dresses… no matter the reason, I’m stoked for a challenge to simply SWITCH IT UP in the clothing department for the next several weeks.
- I also have bunches of accessories that I adore, but aren’t worn regularly because I often rely on my go-to favorites. I want to get the scarves and necklaces that are in the back of the collection more regularly into the rotation, stack the bracelets I rarely wear, and stop forgetting my ears are pierced. Bring on the dose of detail.
Style-Related Pinterest Boards I Discovered and Followed on an Internet Rabbit Hole
- Simple Style from Stacey Danheiser. I found a few pins that will legit help me style items currently hanging in my closet, including one pair of pants I was having trouble finding a balance with before now. The healthy combination of bright and neutrals on this board proves that classic, easy style doesn’t need to mean a dull, bland wardrobe.
- Scarf Style from Echo New York. Hundreds of snapshots of real women and some editorials featuring chic scarf placement. This will totally come in handy.