This post is sponsored by Stonyfield as part of my participation in the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club and part of the prAna #TheWholeYou campaign.
What Celebrating #TheWholeYou Means to Me?
- Being present to enjoy life! Encouraging myself to be fully engaged within the moment, not letting my mind wander, or worry!, or start moving forward on to the next thing. #TheWholeYou celebrates being here, now, and enjoying the moment along the way.
- Bringing awareness and understanding to the parts of ourselves we might feel inclined to hide. Banishing the idea of “guilty pleasures” and embracing those things which bring us happiness, no matter how large or small the joy.
Little Joys That Have Brought Me Happiness This Month
- While breezing through Rachel Vs. Guy Kid’s Cook-Off Season 2 on Hulu+ recently, I became a fast fan for contestant Amber, the brilliant lady behind Cook with Amber, and was THRILLED to find that her YouTube channel was just a Google search away. Her videos are now my favorite time consumers and I’ve been equally impressed with her web space as I am with her on camera time.
- The @ColorMadeHappy Instagram feed. So much #RainbowIsMyFavoriteColor goodness.
Stonyfield You’re Most Likely to Catch Me Snacking On
- Chocolate Underground. This brilliance is like those little pudding cups from childhood but with a healthy twist,…and it doesn’t taste healthy, if you know what I mean. I’m one of those people who likes to end lunch with something sweet, and these individual cups of Fat Free Stonyfield make a great protein filled [6 grams per serving!] option.
- Wild Berry Smoothies. I love keeping a pack of these berrilicious smoothies in the fridge for days when I need a little something to hold me over in-between meals. These smoothies are SMOOTH and the wild berry flavor is my absolute favorite.
Meals from the Stonyfield Recipe Collection on Our Summer To Make List
- Greek Roast Chicken Pitas. I love Greek flavors and nearly flipped a lid when I learned I could Mediterranean-ize my Subway sandwich by choosing feta and tzatziki on my pile of veggies and roasted chicken. This DIY pita sandwich recipe is the way to turn that concept up a notch. I can totally see this becoming a favorite meal to food prep on the weekends for lunches throughout the work week.
- Tomato Basil Tart. As tomatoes start over flowing the farmers’ market cart, this tart will be a great way to highlight one of my favorite summer produce all stars.
Recipes Featuring Stonyfield Lowfat Smooth & Creamy Strawberry Yogurt I’m Bringing to a Friend’s Independence Day Party
- Strawberry Vanilla Bean Pound Cake served with homemade strawberry jam [based on this Vanilla Bean Yogurt Pound Cake] Pound cake is a great dessert for summer parties because it stands alone as a melt-free option for outdoor gatherings, pairs perfectly with chilled frozen treats like ice cream to cool you down, and layers beautifully with fruit and whipped cream or yogurt, for a festive trifle or parfait. When using yogurt in a pound cake, you are sure to win the battle against dry cake, which is every home bakers worst nightmare.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Box Pie. This party is an annual event for us, and I make a habit of always bringing a little something extra for the hosts to enjoy the week after the party. This simple, impressive dessert was an easy choice after I stumbled across it a few days after a recent discussion about the many varieties of strawberry cheesecake.
Other Stonyfield Recipes I’m Considering Making to Bring Along, Too [Because I’m One of Those People Who Can’t Ever Nail Down One Idea and End Up Bringing an Entire Back Seat Full of Food, Of Course.]
- Dilled Red Pepper Yogurt Cheese. << This would be amazing spread on mini rye slices or smeared into with crunchy vegetables. Or as the base of an easy veggie pizza just like my mom used to make for parties during my childhood.
- Honey Peanut Butter Yogurt Crunch Picnic Salad. This salad was a hit when I first made it last summer and I think it would make a great party salad to share with the group. This dish is a great way to get some veggies on your plate while you party.
Favorite Features of my prAna Mantra Pants
- The relaxed fit and straight leg pairs well with my standard foot ware [flats or light tennies] and natural laid back style. Plus, they have pockets!!
- The high quality fabric is light weight enough for summer, making these the perfect pair of pants for travel days. I wore the outfit above on my return travel day from a recent work trip to DC and was mega comfortable and happy with my choice.
Consumed on the Airplane During that Trip
- Moonrise Kingdom. A Wes Anderson movie that felt a lot like a Wes Anderson movie, which I had downloaded through the Netflix App on my phone.
- Good Bones. A fun HGTV show focusing on a rehab of an old house by Mother-Daughter business partners, thanks to a free episode preview on iTunes.