This post is sponsored by Stonyfield as part of my participation in the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club.
This month the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club is partnering with Justin’s Peanut Butter, a small batch nut butter company dedicated to community involvement and sustainable practices while creating delicious, high quality products.
Justin’s products are available online and in grocery stores nationwide. Since first bite several years ago, I’ve been a fan of Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. It’s a jar in my normal rotation for eating with carrot sticks and apple slices, or making adult “ants on a log” smearing a spoonful onto a piece of celery and adding dried cranberries or blueberries. And I can officially report that Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups make a great treat after a long shopping trip. [Thanks, Target check out aisle.]
When it came time to combine the super powers of Stonyfield and Justin’s, I decided to pair Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt and Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter. PROTEIN POWER!!!
This recipe is ridiculously simple and can easily be customized depending on your needs. [Next time I want to add coconut flakes and chai seeds!] It is a colorful, FREGGIE-FILLED side dish that makes a great table addition at your end of summer picnic. The leftovers keep really well in the fridge, making this one of my favorite recent bring-to-work lunches, too. Toss in some diced grilled chicken and serve with mixed greens: office lunch upgrade!!
Honey Peanut Butter Yogurt Crunch End of Summer Picnic Salad
- ½ cup Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 cups diced apples [I prefer a small dice for this salad]
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins [we love Trader Joe’s California Gold Raisins!]
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, peanut butter and honey until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss together diced apples [I used a mix of granny smith, gala and red delicious!], shredded carrots, and raisins.
- Poor yogurt mixture over salad ingredients and fold until well coated. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.