On the Meal Plan for July
- Spicy Buffalo Lime Chicken from Layers of Happiness. FOUR INGREDIENTS in this marinade. YES, PLEASE!
- Wild Blueberry Turkey Burgers from The Lean Green Bean. You know I love the sweet and savory combo, and this is sure to please!
On the Adult Beverage Drinking Plan for July
- Blackberry Meyer Lemon Gin Tonics from Spoon for Bacon
- Pineapple Jalapeno Margaritas from The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie
Organizational Pieces from My Recent Poppin Order
- Things To Do Pads. I love this inexpensive, colorful assortment set of three To Do list pads – only $6!
- White Poppin Planner. I have fallen in LOVE with this super simple, $15 planner. It starts THIS WEEK, and goes through the end of 2015, features monthly and weekly calendar pages, as well as PLENTLY of spaces for lists, notes, doodles, and (YES!) even graph paper.
Poppin Notebooks I Love
- Fiesta Five Subject Spiral Notebook. It has been WAY too long since I had a multi-subject notebook, and I am LOVING this one, which includes pockets on each side of the dividers. I also added some color coded washi-tape tab labels for my dividers.
- Confetti Composition Book. Because rainbow is my favorite color. And neon rainbow is just RIGHT for summer, right?
Weekend Activities My Soul was Screaming For
- On Saturday evening I needed some alone time to separate my brain from distractions and face some fears I have been feeling deep down but avoiding at all possible costs, leading to so much anxiety. I put my sneakers on and went on an hour long walk. Along the way, I stopped to take photos of so many beautiful flowers in the neighbor and the entire, somewhat silly and oh so simple, process really helped me think things through.
- Friday night I found myself laying on a tennis court, watching the Scotia fireworks display and working through simple meditation exercises. It was a very spiritual experience as I prayed and reflected on certain words. I think I may have broken down some walls in my heart. It was good.
Proof Summer has Arrived in My Life
- I love this late evening light! Late June and early July is my favorite time for evening walks and sitting out on the deck. I haven’t made much time for it, honestly, but I want to make it a priority this week since I have some time off of work.
- Speaking of work….Summer is my busy season both at my day job, and in the world of all things internet. Each year feels like there is MORE going on than I can possibly ever handle coming out alive, and each year it feels like there is SO MUCH MORE than there was the year before. Sometimes it feels suffocating. That’s real talk.
Healthy Snacks I’ve Been Enjoying While Working the Summer Away
- Cherries! I snagged a giant bag on sale for $1.99 a pound on Friday and have been enjoying them a handful at a time a couple of times a day.
- Blue Diamond Almonds. I am part of the Blue Diamond Tastemakers program, and I was given the chance to review two of the summery flavors recently; Blueberry and Toasted Coconut. The coconut have been one of my favorites for about a year now, and I dig the blueberry flavor, especially crushed and mixed in oatmeal! Blue Diamond is one of my favorite brands for smart snacking, and I usually have a large selection of flavors on hand in my cabinet at work and in my snack basket at home.
Other Blue Diamond Flavors I Recently Tried and Loved
- Habanero BBQ. These are my new favorite savory snack! So flavorful and uber-tasty! I have been searching for them for a long time and was happy to spot them in Target recently. Highly recommended!
- Salted Caramel. Another Target find, best crushed on top of ice cream, in my opinion! These are very sweet, so if you aren’t a dessert person, I’d recommend you skip these.
I’ve failed to post the past few weeks, and I want to make sure I see your post if you still played along with the Twosday game. If you’ve written any Twosday posts for the month of June, even if you already linked them in a previous week, please link them up here! I’d love to check out all you had to say while I was buried under emails and lists!