Exciting Happenings on the Docket for the Week
- Today is my faux-Friday! Five-day weekend from the office is a welcomed treat after several very busy weeks in a row.
- It’s #savvythanksgiving 2.1! I’m making a trip to spend a bulk of the holiday weekend in Ithaca at Julie’s and I am pumped.
Things I’m Mega-Stocked About Regarding My Trip to Ithaca
- Umm…have you seen the menu for Savvy Thanksgiving? I can’t stop geeking out about all the deliciousness we’ll be devouring Thursday afternoon. [and the leftovers that are sure to happen throughout the weekend!]
- Julie and I are having a work day on Friday, in her mega-awesome new office. The last time I visited, Dan was working on the giant desk the day I left and Julie and I were day dreaming about working side by side during our loved work session weekends we plan throughout the year. Can’t wait to be mega-productive together!
Favorite Details from the Gift I Received From Kelly of Living the Before Last Week
which by the way, was filled with so much fun and goodness! I especially loved that Kelly included a list of the gifts and why she chose each one – such a great detail adding to the experience of gift receiving!
- Kelly loves Lego (which is one of the reasons I know she and Nicholas would get along swimmingly) and she included a few mini-figurines in the package. I love love LOVE the little welder pictured above and can’t wait to show him off to the welders at work.
- The Tea Storage Tin is so awesome! The print/design of the tin is adorable and totally something I would qualify as “my style” and I love that there is a sealable inner lid to keep in scents and freshness.
Television Programming I’ve Started Watching on Netflix Recently
- The Carrie Diaries. I originally gave this show up after 2 episodes, but after hearing some rave reviews on Extra Hot Great [specifically in Joe Reid’s last episode, which is bittersweet. I’m happy for his new adventures but will miss his regularity on EHG!] I decided that this show would be a good bet for a weekend computer work worthy show. I’ve been digging it.
- Bones. Hot damn, I love procedurals. I simply move from one to the next to the next.
New Granola Mixtures I Made this Weekend Using this Nutty Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe as a Base
Because apparently I am obsessed with granola these days.
- Chocolate peanut butter, blueberry almonds, and walnuts.
- Maple syrup, chocolate almond butter, and mixed nuts.
Deliciousness that Came out of THS HQ Kitchen this Weekend
- Crockpot Cheesesteak Pulled Chicken from Jessica was definitely the most delicious thing to come out of my kitchen in the month of November. [and I did a LOT of cooking in November!] I served it on super soft rolls and when I added honey bbq sauce this tasted 99% exactly like my most favorite sandwich in all of Scotia that you can’t get anymore because the place closed. To say I am excited about this development would be an understatement. I think I found a new favorite special meal to make for celebrations and holidays. [you know, like, making it through a tough week at work or President’s Day.]
- Peanut Butter Cookies with pink sanding sugar. Because sometimes Sundays need extra special treats, too.
Traditional Medicinals Teas I’ve Been Drinking this Past Week
I have loved Traditional Medicinals teas for a long time, and have been fortunate to have worked with them on a few projects in the past. [including HLS! woot woot!] Though I have received free teas from the company a couple of times in recent years, this is a brand I choose to spend my money on, as well. When they reached out about a giveaway to welcome winter, I was happy to be given the opportunity to share my feelings about this brand with you guys once again.
- Throat Coat. Anytime I feel a little scratch in my throat, I turn to Throat Coat for some soothing. In my most recent package from Traditional Medicinals I received a new box – perfect timing for the winter weather we have rolling in.
- Another tea in the package I received was Echinacea Plus. This is one of the teas I ALWAYS keep in stock at home and at the office and drink often. I especially like to make a cup of this whenever I’m not feeling “the best.” I also am in the habit of drinking a big ole travel mug of this anytime I’ve been traveling, in recent years.
How You Can Enter to win a Winter Wellness Package of Your Own from Traditional Medicinals
- Leave a comment on this post, sharing the last flavor of tea you enjoyed before Saturday, November 30.
- Make sure to use a valid email address, as winners will be notified by email on December 1.