Videos I Wish I Could Force Ever Person in America to View [that likely includes you, my friend]
- Golly gee, I love Upworthy.com. Thanks to Megan O. for sharing this gem: Video #1 Everyone in America Should Watch – 5:44
- 6 Lies We Tell Ourselves from my pal Kelsey. I need to watch this on a weekly basis. Seriously.
Television Viewing Routines I’m Loving
- Saturday mornings with Shonda Rhimes. I’m typically up a few hours earlier than Nick on the weekend and I’ve been loving taking early morning Saturday to watch Scandal and Greys. It’s REALLY rare that I watch TV without doing something else at the same time and spending the two hours on these shows always feels like an indulgent treat; my favorite way to start the weekend.
- Working to The View. I don’t always watch the entire episode, but I’m a big fan of the hot topics segments and am happy to add some Whoopi and Barbara to my life each weekend.
Fun November Holidays I Will be Celebrating in Correspondence with #BeNiceBox
I subscribe to #BeNiceBox, a service that sends a box of kindness to my address at the start of each month. In each box is included a list of good deeds for all of us #BeNiceBox subscribers to complete throughout the month. It’s kind of cool to think of the waves of kindness that are going out all over the country as dozens of us are focusing on acts of kindness in similar ways.
- World Kindness Day, Wednesday, November 13th. I have a super fun idea of how we can all celebrate together. Check back here on November 10th for details.
- Homemade Bread Day, Sunday, November 17th. Fits in perfectly with one of my November goals, right?
Good Deeds I’m Most Stoked for on the November #BeNiceBox Good Deed List
- Set a timer and make a thankful list! It’s one of my favorite simple traditions each November and I’m eager to add a page of goodness to my journal.
- Write an inspirational message on the sidewalk with the homemade chalk that was included in the box.
Comfort Food Indulgences Enjoyed Last Week
- Turkey soup at San Souci, during a spontaneous lunch date with Nick. I was feeling pretty crappy that day [woke up at 5 AM that morning with a migraine] and welcomed an hour out of the office for a day-date. When I heard the waitress describing this cup of soup as “cream of turkey dinner” with potatoes and veggies and all that goodness, I decided on the spot that I needed to give it a try. So tasty; highly recommended.
- Take-out chinese food. To continue my soup kick, I got a pint of wonton soup [amazing!] and Nick and I split an order of general tso’s chicken with broccoli.
Favorite Current Snacks of the Fruit Variety
- Berries. The fridge is currently stocked with raspberries and blackberries. So tart and delicious.
- Apples. Tis the season, right?
Favorite Features of the 2014 Weekly Planner from Letter C Designs
- Added space for note taking. Each week includes one full page for notes; I’m so eager to fill this area with lists and notes. There’s also a handful of blank pages in the back of the book for additional note taking, too.
- Three views; the front of the book include monthly pages, then weekly pages, and then year-at-a-glance to end out the book. This is uber-important in my organization and planning life.
Other Items in the Letter C Designs Etsy Store I’m Debating Purchasing
- White pencils with gold foil arrow. I’m still on an arrow kick and I love the simple design of these oh-so-cute writing utensils.
- In the Woods patterned note card set. I can always use some new, fun, note cards for sending to my friends across the country and I love these patterns!