Newly Added Pinterest Boards
- Crockpot Recipes of Awesome. During a discussion about crockpot cooking wonderfulness, Katie asked if I pinned good crockpot recipes, completely inspiring me to start this board and add even more crockpot cooking to my life. Katie’s pinning recipes to the board, too 😀 Please pass on any favorite slow cooker recipes you have, too!
- Cookie Swap Inspiration. Because “’Tis the Season” is right around the corner and I’m a planner.
First Time Purchases on My Last Trader Joe’s Trip
- Frozen Pineapple Tidbits, for adding to smoothies. I’m really happy with the selection and prices of the frozen fruit at Trader Joe’s!
- Pumpkin Greek Yogurt. Alicia and I had both heard/read from several people that it was delicious, so I decided to give it a try. Should make a perfect desk-seated lunch this week.
Party Vehicles Recently Enjoyed on an Office Trip to Boston
- The Luxury Liner from Premiere Transportation here in the Capitol District. The seats weren’t horrible [they reclined!] and I was actually quite comfortable during the trip. We played trivia and quarters to pass the time, and I was drinking out of a My Little Pony cup. Perfection.
- The Henry Longfellow with the Charles Riverboat Company was a blast! We specifically came to Boston to visit a jobsite of a project we’ve all been working pretty hard on all year, and the experience of being on the ship together and seeing it as a group was really nice. Our tour guide/bar tender was witty and we had a lot of fun interacting with him during our trip. The boat itself was really nice and we’re already talking about taking other people out for trips to the jobsite during future trips to Boston.
Highlights of Our Time at the Very Cool King’s Bowl in Boston
- I threw two strikes.
- And at least 10 gutter balls.
Items on the Fall To-Do List I’m Eager to Complete, but Truthfully, Will Probably Never Happen
- Making Painted Owl Pumpkins. This post from one of my long-time favorite creative bloggers became a “I WANT TO DO THAT!!” the moment I saw it on Alisa Burke’s site. So cute. Yet so NOT a priority in my life at the moment.
- Making DIY Cranberry Bliss Bars. Wanting to make them because – OH MY WORD – aren’t these the shit? It’s the ONE thing I promise myself to enjoy each holiday season, usually while traveling, from Starbucks. But doubting I’ll actually do it – because this has been on my to-do list since I lived in Texas, and something tells me if I haven’t done it the past eight years, I’m probably not going to do it this year. [but, maybe?]
Recipes Recently Tried and Loved
- Thai Chicken Pizza from The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie. So easy, so delicious. I have a little extra of the peanut sauce saved to use in wraps, salads, and such throughout the week, too. So tasty!
- Chicken Enchiladas from the October issue of Cooking Light. Just in time for the November issue to arrive in my mailbox yesterday.
Details I Loved About The City Beer Hall in Downtown Albany
- The building is GORGEOUS! [and the fall décor outside was a fun touch.] It’s a historic landmark, as it was once the home of the Albany Home Telephone Company. The inside shares a warm, “welcome to my family cabin – pull up a seat!” feel. I loved the bench seating, and can definitely see why this would be such a great place to drink with friends [and make new ones.]
- Every brunch plate or sandwich included bottomless coffee and a beer or brunch cocktail from the menu. My entire meal pre-tip was $12. Very impressed for the quality of every bite and sip.
- Roasted Tomato and Bacon Omelets. Which all four of my brunch dates ordered and seemed to enjoy. The home fries were also a hit.
- The 518 Burger. When out for brunch (and even sometimes breakfast) I’m much more likely to order from the lunch side of the menu. What can I say – I’m one who loves a sandwich. I am also a fool for menu items named after or promoted as the “celebration of location” no matter where I’m eating or drinking, so when I saw this on the menu, I had to give it a try. From the menu: hand packed Kilcoyne grass fed beef with Grafton 1 year aged cheddar, bibb lettuce, tomato, spicy pickes & hand cut fries. This burger was legit. The right amount of messy and the perfect bite to go with my bloody mary. Especially with those spicy pickles!