Wisconsin Bloggers Who Also Enjoy Twosdays
Non-Wisconsin Bloggers Who Also Enjoy Twosdays
Favorite Flatbread Pizzas from Our J. Watt’s Barista House CDNYEatDrinkBlog Meet Up Last Week
- The Tasty Harvest. Whole wheat flat bread with a brushing of basil pesto, delicate baby swiss, spinach, smoked turkey, whole berry cranberry dollops, capers, and a sprinkle of Herbs de Provence.
- Corned Beef & Hash. Whole wheat flat bread with a light lather of buttermilk ranch, a layer of seasoned has browns, a nice piling of corned beef, accented with spinach, topped with provolone & crumbled asiago cheeses, and an extra ranch drizzle.
Meals I Made for Julie and Kelly During Our Long Weekend Together
- French toast and bacon. Because Sundays call for fancy breakfast
- Chili. I really wanted to make “My Mom’s Chili” for the girls this weekend, but kept forgetting to find the recipe ahead of time. When Julie and I were out shopping, I texted my mom for the ingredient list, thinking I had a copy of the recipe at home.
Three days later when it came time to make the chili, I couldn’t find the recipe. I called Mom, but she didn’t answer. I texted my brother, who wasn’t at the house. [I had planned to have him look up the recipe.]
Then I decided to just make my own version of my mom’s recipe with the ingredients list I had [this was especially fun, as some of the ingredients in her text list didn’t have measurements] especially when Kelly, Julie and I all agreed that it’s REALLY hard to mess up a chili without being able to add something else to fix it if necessary. Outcome = deliciousness.
Card Games Played Throughout the Weekend
- Euchre. We taught Alicia how to play when we took a “snowed in” approach to our Friday evening. [movies + games + wine + take out = the perfect way to spend the night!]
- Dutch Blitz. So thankful that Julie and Kelly both seemed to enjoy this one. We played it both Thursday and Saturday evenings and had a lot of fun.
Non-Card Games Played for the First Time this Weekend
- Bohnanza. At our CDNY Eat Drink Blog meet up.
- Farkle. Loved this dice game. It’s like Yahtzee but with encouraged risk taking! [I also love that it so easy to learn and explain!]
Sparkling Ice Beverages I Loved So Much I Have Purchased Them Thrice
[thanks to Sparkling Ice for sending me some of their flavors to try last month – now I’m hooked!]
- Pink Grapefruit
Workouts from Blogs I Plan to Conquer This Weekend
- Focus on Arms & Abs from Mindy – I don’t have a swiss ball, so I’m going to be sure to focus extra hard on keeping my abs engaged during each exercise and maybe add traditional and side crunches to the list, too. This seems like a perfect workout to do when watching television.
- 10-10-10 Strength & Cardio Circuit from Courtney – I love that this workout requires a set of dumbbells and a way to power walk [Courtney uses the treadmill, I’m taking this workout to the park and adding a tiny bit of intensity to my speed walking by carrying a dumbbell in each hand.]
p.s. some of the items I share [because I love them & think you’ll love them, too!] and link to on this post are available for sale in my amazon affiliate store. I’d love if you made amazon purchases through my store – you can search and shop for ANY item on Amazon as you normally would, by following this link. It helps to keep THS alive and well. xo