Time for another look at what I’m hoping for this weekend:Weekend Cravings! [If you don't know Katy, the lovely lady behind the Weekend Cravings craze, check out her blog. She's a darling woman with a heart threaded in kindness and gentleness, and a soul moved by beautiful noise and inspirational stories. I cherish her, and I bet you'll dig her, too!]
This weekend I’m craving:
- A jumpstart on my February goals with some interesting multi-tasking. I’ll be combing some cardio fitness minutes with donation drop offs while listening to my way-too-full queue of not yet listened to podcasts. We have several donation locations all within a mile of our apartment and I plan to take some carry-able boxes and bags to each of them this weekend. It may not be the most efficient way to get all of the donations out of the, but I think it will be a good start to getting some of them out the door with some creative cardio to boot!
- A little TV watching session. My Hulu Plus queue is also way too full these days – I haven’t even watched the Parenthood season finale yet! I’ve been doing a fine job at watching the “have on in the background while I work” shows, but the programing I really want to focus on while watching is a plenty at the moment – Parenthood, Scandal, Greys, Deception, and now three episodes of The Carrie Diaries, which I still haven’t started watching, yet!
- Some time in the kitchen. When we went grocery shopping on Wednesday, my meal plan for the next seven days included three recipes from How Sweet Eats. So far, I’ve made one of the recipes [30 Minute Buffalo Chicken French Bread – holy cow, was this delicious, especially for how easy of a meal it was to make!] and am really looking forward to giving the other two recipes I chose a try. I’ve been loving my time in the kitchen this week and have made several gold-star dinners in a row. I’m planning to keep that trend up over the weekend, too.
- A clean apartment. Julie will be arriving Wednesday evening. Kelly and Alicia will be here on Thursday. My apartment looks a little bit like a bomb went off and considering I still haven’t really unpacked from our trip to Ithaca last week, the many piles of laundry in several rooms of the house [both clean and dirty], and the two kitchen tables are currently covered with all of the things, I could afford to spend a few hours getting everything in order. I am in no way pretending that the apartment will be spotless when everyone arrives, but having a place for people to sit will certainly be helpful.
- Yoga pants. Because doesn’t it sound like the perfect fit for my weekend? I may have already set out a pair to change into the moment I get home from work today.