Television Shows Hitting it Out of the Park Each Episode this Year
- Parenthood. There isn’t a character on the show that I’m not invested in. And I love how very real certain aspects of the show are – for example, I loved that this past week, as it was the week after Christmas, all the houses still had some of their Christmas decorations and “Christmas Junk” out. Like real Americans – not that POOF! It’s December 26th, all the decorations and wrapping paper and gifts are all away in their rightful homes, that is so common in fictionalized Television.
- Scandal. Love love LOVE this show. If you’ve not yet jumped onboard the Scandal train, I highly suggest it! The dialogue is strong, with witty banter and jokes thrown in for good measure, and the plot is filled with lots of twists and turns. DO IT.
Television Shows Suggested to Me Which I’ve Recently Watched the Pilot of and Loved
- Suits. Why did it take so long for someone to tell me about this show? The quick jokes with attitude make me crack a laugh-out-loud several times an episode.
- Deception. The pilot aired yesterday on NBC, but I watched it last week via a sneak preview on Hulu+. The pilot hooked me more than enough for me to tune in again.
Spark People Videos I Completed This Weekend
- Chair Cardio Workout – perfect for doing at my apartment, as I have recently been reminded that my neighbors are not too fond of my jumping around on their ceiling and rattling their walls when I’m trying to break a sweat.
- Seated Arm & Shoulder Workout – After completing the seated cardio workout, I decided to stay in the chair and do some upper body work. I had worked my shoulders hard [with my favorite workout from Courtney: 7 Moves for Shredded Shoulders] a couple of days before, and just running through these exercises one time through left my muscles burning. Love that “feels like Jell-O” sensation after good workouts of any length.
Races I’m Thinking About Running This Year
- Stockadeathon. That would make this the third year in a row I’ve toyed with the idea.
- Scotia YMCA 5K. I’d really love to sub 30 that race specifically this year. I came so close the last time I ran it and I know that I’ll be able to break 30 minutes this year if I train smart and diligently.
Calendar’s I’m Using [and loving!] This Year
- Letter C Design Weekly Planner – for all of my assignments, schedules, and due dates. Love tat this little book has monthly and weekly calendars. The daily boxes on the weekly layouts are the perfect size for holding the info I have for them. [I also bought the patterned wall calendar for my home work-space, and the monthly pocket planner, for keeping track of one specific goal for the year. Letter C Design is my current favorite stationary shop, clearly. ]
- Live, Love, Dream: Daily Thoughts & Inspirations – at my desk at my office. It should shock none of you that I love the daily quotations. [the best ones will no doubt be shared through my social media accounts, because I’m predictable like that.]
Newest Boards on My Pinterest Page
- Valentines. For inspiration on deciding on and designing the greetings I’m sending out this year.
- Julie. I’ve made a few boards for the people in my life that I love a whole bunch. Some are public [Like this one] – others are secret. It’s fun to pin things that remind you of friends!
Books I Recently Ordered from B&N to Improve the Way I Work
- 168 Hours. After reading about the book on Healthy Tipping Point.
- The Nerdist Way. It’s been on Christmas Wish List for the past two years, and I finally caved in and bought it myself. STOKED to read it would be an understatement.
Books I Recently Ordered from B&N to Read for Fun
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future – The paperback was on mega sale [I think I got it for $2 – I tried to find the link on B&N, but it seems to have disappeared]
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – I never got into the office, so when Mindy Kaling’s book first came out, I glanced over the release without a care. Then I started watching The Mindy Project, declared it one of the best new comedies of the season, and added a copy of this reviewed as hilarious book into my cart.
p.s. some of the items I share [because I love them & think you’ll love them, too!] and link to on this post are available for sale in my amazon affiliate store. I’d love if you made amazon purchases through my store – you can search and shop for ANY item on Amazon as you normally would, by following this link. It helps to keep THS alive and well. xo