A couple of days later, I received an email from City Dining Cards alerting me of their offering a CDNY Deck, too! I was stoked! When they asked if I wanted to review a copy on THS, I couldn’t pass it up; I was way too intrigued!
Once I received my city dining cards in the mail, I knew that this little deck was a perfect gift to give to some of my local friends this holiday season. Here are the top 5 reasons I think city dining cards make an awesome gift!
1. The price for what you get. The CDNY deck is currently only $20 and contains fifty $10 off coupons, plus two bonus coupons.
2. It’s a gift that encourages activity and experience. Here’s how they work: there is one card for each of CDNY establishments, each for $10 off your purchase of $30 or more. That’s $500 in savings if you use the entire deck.
I personally think this deck is an awesome idea for weekly date nights! There are 52 cards total – why not work your way through the deck, one card a week with your significant other or a group of friends? Seems like a perfect equation to me!
3. The variety in the deck. The deck contains places I’ve been meaning to go to since I’ve moved here, old favorites I’ve been to several times, and some places I’ve never even heard of before. All of the restaurants are local – no big box chains, and cuisines and price points of every kind are covered. I also love that this deck covers the entire CDNY area, including one tavern in the little old village of Scotia, walking distance from THS HQ.
4. The wild cards. Free loaf of bread at Bountiful Bread and a free baked good from my favorite CO-OP, Honest Weight.
5. Last but certainly not least: the purchase of the deck of cards helps to support a local charity: 5% of all proceeds goes to the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York.
City Dining Cards are available for CDNY, Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Providence, Rochester, Syracuse and Buffalo. Buffalo also has a cocktail edition deck, which looks MIGHTY fun as a gift for a 21st birthday, don’t you think?