What I Watched While Home Sick from Work Last Week
- The Muppet Movie – Nick put this on as a surprise and it was exactly what I needed to make myself smile through all the coughing fits. It’s been so long since I’ve seen it, years! The Rainbow Connection warmed my heart and I must have declared “he’s my favorite Muppet” at least a dozen times throughout the movie, at the introduction of so many favorites.
- Lipstick Jungle – I managed to watch the entire series beginning to end last week, thanks to being horizontal in bed every moment I was home trying to get over this bug that has now been passed almost completely throughout my office.
Revelations Had During Lipstick Jungle
- I felt myself missing something odd while watching Lipstick Jungle: Twitter discussion! One of my favorite parts of watching certain shows this season is conversing with my Twitter pals about favorite lines or jokes, shocking twists, and likes and dislikes along the way. As I watched, I often found myself reaching for my phone, wanting someone to share my love of Victory’s wit episode by episode!
- This show has a great soundtrack. It could be all the Sara Bareilles. I found myself singing along A LOT.
Latest Favorite Creations in the Mr. Coffee Latte
- Chai Nog. Eggnog on the bottom, Bigelow Vanilla Chai on top. Creamy with a smooth flavor.
- What I’m calling the Productivity Latte. It’s become my go to for a busy day, Dallmayr Espresso Monaco on top, half and half on the bottom. No sweetener needed: I love the bold taste and the natural sweetness from the foamed half and half is a great compliment to the espresso.
Homemade Treats Baked for Work Friends for Holiday Gifts
- Poppy Seed Crackers. I had earmarked the recipe in a cookbook of cookies and biscuits I received as a gift a couple of years ago, but after reading through the recipe about a dozen times, I wasn’t feeling confident. I Googled “poppy seed crackers” and was taken to this Joy the Baker recipe, which lists the exact same ingredients and amounts as the book. Joys descriptions helped me to feel more sure of my abilities and I forged on, completing the task with a smile on my face. I MADE CRACKERS!! Victory!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies. Chocolate cookie base. Peanut butter chips. Deliciousness.
In Flight Reading Material [from Albany to Chicago, then a few days later, Chicago to Dallas]
- An Idiot Girl’s Christmas – Laurie Notaro – Perfect for travel reading and ‘tis the season, after all. Short story/essay style non-fiction humor writing is one of my go-to favorites, and though I’ve read this book entirely, it’s been years and I’m excited to relive Laurie Notaro’s holiday memories.
- Mental Floss – It’s my favorite magazine and I’ve been saving the latest issue for a time such as this!
In Flight Listening Material
- The Flip is Another Honey – Mike Doughty – one of my favorite artists of recent years [Doughty!] + one of my favorite types of songs [covers!] = I’m LOVING this album. [especially Take Me Home, Country Roads!]
- The mix I made in October and have been calling, “Outside the Holiday Box, Heather’s Holiday Favorites.” Festive!
New Sambazon Flavors I’m Excited to Try [as soon as I find them]
- Supergreens, with kale, ginger and more than 120 açaí berries in each bottle.
- Chocolate, Almond & Coconut Milk Protein, a creamy smoothie with 8 grams of protein per serving.
Items You Can Win in Today’s Twosday Giveaway
- Really awesome wooden bowl and spoon set.
- 5 VIP vouchers for Sambazon superfood smoothies.
The fine folks at Sambazon sent a little package my way last week, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. I don’t know about you guys, but when I get sick, my appetite usually goes on vacation; I’m rarely hungry whenever I have a bad cold or flu symptoms. During my normal fluid overload when fighting off the illness, I always grab a bottle or two of the premade smoothies from the corner store coolers.
My favorite Sambazon flavor I’ve tried so far is the Acai with Blueberry and Pomegranate. It’s sweet and smooth, with just the right amount of tartness. I really like the consistency of the Sambazon smoothies, too. It’s a drink that Goldilocks would enjoy; not too watery, or too thick.
To Enter the Sambazon Giveaway
- Leave a comment on this post…
- …before Thursday, December 20th.
- Will be chosen randomly
- and notified by email.
p.s. some of the items I share [because I love them & think you’ll love them, too!] and link to on this post are available for sale in my amazon affiliate store. I’d love if you made amazon purchases through my store – you can search and shop for ANY item on Amazon as you normally would, by following this link. It helps to keep THS alive and well. xo