My mother has been making this delicious recipe for as long as I can remember. She got the recipe originally from her mother-in-law, my Grandma Shugarman!
In my adulthood, this has quickly become a favorite summer beverage staple. I was very excited to learn that this slush was being served during Graduation weekend in Denton! Consider yourself warned: these go down VERY easily. Be prepared to enjoy with a side of giggle 😉
The last adult beverage recipe you will ever need to get through the upcoming summer nights.
Shugarman’s Summer Slush
- 9 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 bags of green tea
- 1 (12 oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (12 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups vodka
- Boil 7 cups water with sugar; let cool.
- Boil tea in 2 cups water and let cool.
- Mix together water mixtures, orange juice and lemonade.
- Add vodka, mix well and put into freezer.
- After frozen, fill 2/3 of an adult beverage cup with slush. fill glass with lemon-lime pop of choice.