This week at THS we are celebrating Ornament Week, an extra fun element of Handmade Christmas 2010. You can expect to be inspired to get creative, as you receive fresh ideas and tutorials each day.
For some extra holiday cheer this year, I’m hosting a THS Handmade Ornament Swap; and you are invited to participate! It doesn’t matter if you celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanza, Boxing Day, Christmakah, of Festivus – anyone who is interested is invited to participate!
The simple way it works:
- Sign up to participate (details below) before December 1.
- Receive the name and mailing address of who you will send an ornament to (on December 2) via email.
- Make your ornament(s).
- Send your ornament(s) by December 15.
- Receive an ornament made for you by another THS reader.
What you make is completely up to you.
The only guidelines for ornaments are as follows:
- ornaments should be light enough to hang freely on a tree branch.
- ornaments should be made, though decorating a purchased ornament is acceptable
- limit of 5 ornaments per person (you decide how many ornaments you want to swap – if you send 5, you get 5)
Easy enough, right?
If you are interested in participating in the THS Handmade Ornament Swap, send an email including your name, mailing address, and the amount of ornaments you’d like to swap to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 1st.
Also – please advise if you would be willing to ship to US, Canada and/or internationally!
Remember, ANYONE can participate. You don’t need to be a blogger or an artist to sign up. I’d love to see a list of readers, family, friends AND blends. Please don’t feel like you can’t participate because you don’t have a blog!
If you don’t feel especially crafty, I encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and try something new! Ask for suggestions if you need them – there are many very simple ornament tutorials available for sharing.
And please feel free to share the swap information with anyone who may be interested – Let’s get our swap on!