Things I’ve read lately that you should too:
1. This post from Rachel was just what I’ve needed to read this week. Every single girl should read it. I’ve been thinking a lot about “He’s Just Not That Into You.” The book, the stupid movie, the episode with the Mickey Mouse Shirt and Ice Cream Treats and Berger, the very theory of it all. Is this accurate? Rachel’s post was refreshing!
2. This post from Caitlin is so good. Filled with truth and a great reminder to never apologize, forget, or hide from your passions. Also, loving this line:
someone can’t value and appreciate you for who you are this second they don’t deserve you for one second.
3. This past Saturday I started talking to Jessica about my previous blogging experience. We spent a few hours reading old posts from bloggers I had set up to list funny things my roommate said, and conversations between a group of friends. We looked at old blogs I wrote as a youth pastor (and shortly after- the sting of allowing myself to be offended still felt through my words), and old posts I wrote as a Shugarbride. And I laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
4. & 5. Recipes by these two pretty ladies; Julie & Jessica. Every single recipe they post I add to my “must make asap” list. If you are looking for any kind of recipe, seek here first. My personal favorites as of late: Julie’s Scones & Jessica’s Kiwi Mango Salsa. YUM.
6. And just a reminder, the THS Book Club discussions will be starting next week on Making It Up, by Penelope Lively. If you are joining us in reading Making It Up, be sure to read the first little section, “The Mozambique Channel”. I’d love to hear your thoughts when you do!